New compact 5 Mpixel resolution fixed focal length lenses
23 May 2017
Matching a lens to a camera is essential to ensure the optimum resolution and high contrast imaging for a given application. The M112FM lenses are available in 12, 16 and 25mm focal lengths. A huge range of cameras from the leading industrial camera manufacturers can benefit from the M112FM range, since Sony’s Pregius CMOS sensors such as the IMX174, IMX249, IMX250 and IMX264 are proving to be hugely popular.
These sensors feature a global shutter to allow distortion-free capture of moving objects. By utilising a novel pixel structure they virtually eliminate noise in the image, bringing a sensitivity previously unattained in CMOS sensors. Combined with exceptional dynamic range and low dark noise, they provide an outstanding image quality.
To get the best from these sensors, Tamron’s proprietary optical design brings a number of benefits:
- Advanced coating technology and state-of-the-art optical design assure excellent optical performance, particularly in contrast and resolution
- Excellent transmission for crisp and clear images even in low light applications
- High-quality imaging even with short working distances
- Resolution performance is thoroughly checked from the centre to the periphery of images to ensure that there is no vignetting or distortion
- Improved adjustment for focusing and aperture which can be locked in position
- Four recessed lock screws mean the lens barrel is smooth to aid installation in a restricted spaces
The M112FM lenses are compatible with C-mount cameras and provide a focus range from 0.1 m to infinity. The optimum working distance is 0.3 m.